10 Things to Know About Danni
I thought since this is a new blog experience for me it might be nice to share a bit about myself with all of you. When I write my own personal journal it’s not meant for others to read and I don’t really need to tell myself about who I am. This list will give you a bit of an idea about who I am and what I like, other than traveling of course!
- I love tea! Tea is my coffee and it is one of the things that I really don’t want to live without. I wakes me up in the morning and relaxes me after a long day. It doesn’t matter if I’m on the road or being lazy at home tea is my constant companion.
- I have a book with me at all times. I keep one in my purse of backpack no matter where I go, and no it’s not one of those fancy kindles or e-readers, it’s the good old fashioned paper books. There is never a dull moment when you have a book with you and in my opinion its a lot better and more reliable than a cell phone. Its also a great companion for solo travelers especially when you find yourself at the airport with no wireless internet or stuck in a line that’s moving slower than a snail. People watching and conversing with people you meet is great but sometimes, nothing beats a good book.
- I rarely wear makeup. I don’t know much about make up and I don’t know that I really care to learn. People who know how to do it and chose to wear it everyday, more power to you, but I don’t have the patience for it. For me make up is for special occasions and performances. I find that forgoing make up also means one less thing to pack when I travel.
- Science Fiction is one of the only things I watch on TV. While I may not be one of those people who can name every series of Star Trek, I am in love with Science Fiction shows, especially anything directed by Joss Whedon. I grew up watching Stargate SG-1 with my family on our traditional SciFi Fridays and my love for the genre has stayed with me ever since. While I’ve moved on to beloved shows like Doctor Who, Firefly, Doll House and many more I still love to go back to my Stargate roots from time to time.
- I love animals, especially my cat. I have grown up with cat’s my whole life and I have loved every single one that I call my own, and many that I don’t as well. My current cat is living in luxury in a big house with my parents at the moment and not having him with me is the only thing I would ever want to change in my life at any given moment.
- I love trying new things. Being able to travel has opened up so many opportunities and I have gotten to do things that I never would have thought to try if I hadn’t left home.
- Dancing is a big part of my life. I have been in dance since I was about 3 years old and my love for it has never changed. One of the things I love about traveling is getting to see and learn about different types of dance from all around the world. what I love about dance the most from a travelers point of view is that language doesn’t really matter, because dance is universal and you can understand the stories told through the dancers themselves.
- I am not a baby person. I’m really not. I don’t look at a baby and say, ‘ Oh it’s so cute!’ That is what I say when I see a dog or cat or any other animal to be found on this planet. I love animals. Babies… not so much. One of the first things people say to me when they hear this is. ‘but you won’t think that when you have your own baby.’ Really? And who says I’m going to have my own baby? The truth is I don’t want kids. It’s just not for me and I’ve known this for a while now. Thankfully my mother has come to accept that they only grand-kids she’s getting from me will be of the cute and furry variety. (aka my cat Aleczander)
- Relationships baffle me. They truly do. Any romantic relationship outside of a romantic comedy and family I find to be a mystery. For me personally I think that for some people they are a great idea and a wonderful thing to have but I have yet to find someone that I can share my experiences with. Maybe someday I’ll find someone but I’m not going to hold my breath and wait around to find them. I’m going to keep on living life and be happy and single until I find someone who can keep up with me.
- Living with as few regrets as possible is a promise that I made to myself a long time ago. I remember back when I was younger and still in high school that I promised myself that I wanted to live with no regrets and I have tried to live my life with that as my own personal motto. However it’s really only in the past few years that I have really been able to keep that promise. College was my first chance to really break out of my safe little shell and try to figure out who I am and every year I can see the progress I have made. All I know is that there is no set answer to the big, who am I question. The reason for that is because I am constantly changing and growing. We never stop learning and as long as I keep moving forward then I am all set to simply be me.